A pleasantly warm evening outside All Hallows Church. Plans had been laid for this building in 1939 and it was completed in spite of WW2, its consecration taking place on the 21st December 1941. The font came from All Hallows Church in Poplar and the choir stalls from St. Catherine’s Church in Hammersmith, which had both been damaged by enemy action. Click here, here and here for images of the church and here for the church hall where the local allotment society’s shows are held.
This post is for Alex, better known as Rafairman, who likes skylines.
Images and text ©Albertina McNeill 2012. Please do not reproduce without permission. All rights reserved. Do not add any of these images to Pinterest or similar sites as this will be regarded as a violation of copyright.